The Office of the Attorney General organized a three day workshop in Paro on Emerging Dimensions of Law which was attended by all the government lawyers in Bhutan.
The objectives of the workshop was to:
- Update the lawyers on the emerging laws vis-à-vis democratic setting
- Ensure that legal services are provided in uniform setting by all the Government lawyers
- Ensure that the Government lawyers are able to provide legal services independently of the OAG support once they are severed from the OAG (as parent agency)
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance for deciding the issues, particularly in prosecution processes
- Improve language proficiency of the court
- Improve professionalism in the civil service and code of conducts